Runcom’s compact, portable WiMesh System enables fast setting up of ﬂexible, modular ad-hoc network without the need for network planning.
This type of mobile and fast changing network is speciﬁcally designed for markets such as law enforcement, public safety and community services, and for a wide range perimeter surveillance applications.
Each WiMesh terminal runs independently and can be connected to a host (i.e computer, internet connection, camera, telephone), where all WiMesh network elements communicate with each other and have full access to any of
the hosts in the network.
Runcom’s WiMesh family suppor t s three types of terminal s that
provide ﬂexible coverage for various types of applications:
- L1D – WiMeshUT – PCMCIA form factor and standard, interface to hand held devices PC, PDA, etc. Single antenna for two frequency bands and output power of either 23dBm
or 15dBm (model dependent).
- L2D – WiMeshBone – backbone portable standalone unit with Ethernet RJ-45 interface, two 2X2 antennas support and output power of 2x28dBm. Can be installed on vehicles or command centers or as repeater unit.
- L3D – WiMeshGW – portable stand-alone Gateway unit with Ethernet RJ-45 interface, two antennas support and output power of 2x28dBm used as Gateway between the WiMESH network to 3G or 4G standard networks.
WiMesh Delivers Networks with the Following Advantages:
- Self installed and self managed ad-hoc network
- Fast deployment with minimal maintenance and simple plug-and-play installation
- No backhaul requirements
- Does not required base station infrastructure
- Based on BWA (Broadband Wireless Access) Mobile 4G OFDMA technologies with hop-to-hop communication
- Ad-Hoc Network– New nodes are automatically added to the
- Wide Range– multi-hop networks extend wireless coverage
- Advanced L3 and L2 routing – transparent to any application running on the host
- Support several applications such as Trunking-PTT, Video surveillance, VOIP, Video conferencing, etc.
- High speed mobile network with advanced Handover capabilities
WiMesh System – Additional Features
- Mobile Dynamic Network Optimization Algorithms
- Optimal path – Enhanced Mobile Mesh Networks Routing Algorithm
- Multimedia connection
- Advanced services
- Optimized Multicast/Broadcast
- RF – Innovative interference reduction methods (MRC)
- Distributed Spectral design algorithms
- Automatic Role Selection Algorithm (ARSA)
- Adaptive modulation and code rate
- Minimal Network overhead
- Public Safety
- Defense Tactical Communications
- Emergency Recovery
- Homeland Security